Solo Web Design is an official Wix Partner and professional Wix web designer. If you need help designing, launching or managing a Wix website, I can help.
I specialize in Wix websites because they're simple, professional and easy to use. My focus is on helping small businesses succeed in a competitive environment, which means business owners need websites that not only work, but are also affordable and easy to manage on their own.
5 Reasons Small Businesses Should Choose Wix
If you're a small business owner or solopreneur that's finally decided you need a website, kudos to you! You've realized that the World Wide Web is not going anywhere and that in order to compete, you must be online.
But as a small business owner new to web design, you may be overwhelmed by all of your options. With so many DIY platforms out there, it can be difficult to know which one to choose.
As a business focused specifically on helping small businesses and entrepreneurs, I have worked with a number of platforms. However, I prefer, and predominantly work with, Wix for a number of reasons.
Here are 5 reasons small businesses should choose Wix:
1. It's easy to use. As a website expert that has used numerous platforms, my experience is that there is no easier platform than Wix. It's intuitive, user-friendly and designed specifically for people with no technical experience. As a DIY platform, you can't ask for anything better. But the great thing is that if you need help, there's a plethora of Wix Partners, like myself, that you can reach out to for help!
2. It produces beautiful websites. With so many templates to choose from, there is no shortage of options! Not only are there numerous templates designed specifically for your industry, they are also gorgeous! If creativity is not your strong point, there's no need to worry because you can work directly from the template and simply replace the existing imagery and content with yours.
3. It's cost effective. Wix offers a number of different plans to suit different price points. The package I always recommend to my clients is about $220 CAD per year, which is pretty affordable! This package includes hosting, so you never have to worry about downtime, and there is always a member of the customer service team available to help you, 24/7.
4. It offers great SEO. Having a website is one thing, but ensuring your website can be found on Google is a whole other ball game. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, can be very technical, and there's a lot of factors that you need to understand in order to make your website rank. Luckily, Wix has a whole step by step guide that walks you through what you need to do to optimize your site.
5. It's secure. In the age of privacy concerns, it's never been more important to have a secure website. All Wix websites come with an SSL certificate, which ensures that any data input into your site - contact details, credit card numbers, usernames and passwords, etc - are encrypted. Additionally, Wix websites are fully hosted by the Wix team, and are rarely hacked, unlike Wordpress sites. With Wordpress sites, there's a lot of added costs associated with making it secure. With Wix, you don't have to worry about that!
Ask About Wix Training!
As official Wix Partners, we know the platform inside and out. If you want to be able to manage your site efficiently, I offer live, one-hour Wix video training sessions to give you the tools you need to build or manage your site.
Wix is a great platform because of its ease of use, but it can still be overwhelming to some if web design and technology isn't your forte. Luckily I can help.